The Blogger has been created to help you discover Albania, its culture, history, natural beauties, Archaeological sites, something that is difficult even to imagine. You might think you know Albania, because you may have heard about its fabulous places. Pictures do not provide you with the clear image of Albania, and therefore we offer you the opportunity to know Albania better, all the HISTORICAL arteries that spread throughout the country.
Search in This Blog
Saturday, April 25, 2015
20 places that will change your mind about Albania
Colorful landscapes, lakes, high mountains, rivers and valleys. Natural beauties that blend in cultural and historical heritage, inherited from our forefathers. All blended in the hospitable Albanian traditions that will follow you through your journey in Albania. So guys are you ready?
You didn’t know there are so many canyons and waterfalls? Well, I have good news, there actually are and I wouldn’t miss this one, Valbona National Park.
4. Is hiking too much for you? You’re in the right place. There’s a touch of melancholia every time I spend a night or two in the vicinity of Ohrid lake. Inspired from the changing moods of these waters was the Albanian poet Lasgush Poradeci. He observed the mountains casting their shadows over the depths of its sparkling waters and blended those landscapes in his poetry.
15. Ok, let’s put it this way: If I was to retire today and I had to live somewhere in Albania, I would happily live in Dardha.
Photo credits: Armela Bega– Shpella e piratëve – Pirates’ Cave, South Albania
16. Back to the 15th century there were no smartphones. During Skanderbeg’s fight against the Ottomans, the Petrela Castle, which was under control of Skanderbeg’s sister Mamica, signaled to Kruja Castle the coming of Ottoman troops using means of fire. Nowadays, it’s a pleasant bar/restaurant near Tirana.
18. The Blue Eye is one of the most natural phenomena in Albania. Crystal clear water bubbling in the surface from more than 50 meter deep karst hole (literally looks like a blue eye) and it’s surrounded by shades of green water. Here is a great video.
20. Last, but definitely not least: This stop is the ultimate spot for your next Facebook poser shot. What a divine view and a deep sense of freedom! This daring traveller took the chance cruising through the steep and curvy Pass of Llogara…