Vlora located in JP Albania along the Adriatic coast low and the Ionian rocky. With an area of 1609 km2 and a population of 200 000 inhabitants, Vlora district is bounded on the north by Fier, east with Mallakastrën and Tepelena and south to Saranda and Gjirokastra. West of the warm waters of the Adriatic and Ionian Loggia varied coastline, where you can come across lagoons, bays, islands, peninsulas and numerous beaches. Vlora is the district which alternated between all forms of relief, such as low flat, hilly and mountainous. The landscape consists of Vlora Myzeqe fields, valleys duchy and Susica some massive hilly, highland Kurveleshi and mountain Shashicë-Lungarë-bit (2045 m) and GRIB-chip-Pleshevicë. Hydrography is represented by the flow eposhtme Vjosa River, Vlora river or Susica river of the Duchy, etc.. Other parts of the hydrography of the rich are two marine lakes Narta and Oricum, and an number of mountain streams.The climate is typically Mediterranean with hot dry summers and mild and wet winters, which intertwine relaxing influence of the sea on the west and that of mountainous landscape to vary average lindje.Temperaturat reach 16o, where the July and January catch figures 24 and 6 degrees centigrade. Climate records 2000 hours of solar radiation per year, while precipitation fall generally in the form of rain and partly in the form of snow in the high mountains. Their maximum amount reaches the slopes of the higher figure of 2405 mm.Vlora is the administrative center of the County. It lies edge marine bay of the same name starting Mezini's well to the north and to the south Cold Water. Githsej with an area of 30 km 2, the city has a north-south length of 19 km and east-west width of 16 km.
Population. Typical dialect, culture and traditions differ slightly Hearth, who stand and fiery temperament and exquisite humor and full of flavor. Along with surrounding city has a population of 200 000 inhabitants, most of which resides in the four municipalities of the district as Vlora, Orikumi, Selenica and Himara. Vlora is one of the 12 counties of the Republic of Albania and includes the cities of Vlora, Saranda and Delvina. Vlora itself consists of four municipalities and 96 villages concentrated in nine municipalities. People are hospitable, communicative, warm and with a world of pure spirits. Perhaps nature has created as anywhere else a balance between mountain and sea green, directly affecting people's character. Geographical environment and society do Vlora a loving place that attracts magically visitors and tourists. From this community have come a number of celebrities and prominent people, where we can mention names Ismail Kamal, Jani Mingës, Eqrem Vlora, Ali Aslani, Petro Marko, Light Pelingut, Shaban Demiraj, Fatos Arapi, Liza Laskës, Bardhosh Gaçes, Mexhit pilgrim, etc.Transorti Being the country's second port, Vlora is located 72 km from Otranto (Italy) and 123 km from the island of Corfu (Greece). Shipping lines regularly works with ports of Bari and Brindisi. In order to transport goods and passengers in the port processed 3 million tons of cargo per year. Vlora also communicates with Tirana (135km) and Durres (100) via the motorway and railway artery Albanian. Internal lines is performed by means bus, taxi and van. Most important tourist routes are South-Kanina, South-Llogora-Himarë and South-Amantia and South-Zvernec. Made by the Albanian Post postal service which performs some services, while known companies offer postal services DHL, Visa Card, Money Gram, Western Union, etc..Culture and Heritage. Vlora is recognized as one of the cities that has given outstanding contribution to national culture. There are many areas where the city has issued personalities. Here archaeological museum first opened in 1936, which exhibits the detected objects in Apollo French archaeologist Leon Rei. Vlora is also called the city of statues and monuments that can be mentioned that National warrior, Avni Rustemi, the Monument of Independence, Marigo Poisos, Jan Mingës, etc.. Today Vlora is a university town and there are numerous educational institutions, cultural and sporting activities as library Shevqet Musaraj Petro Marko Theatre, Gymnasium Ali Demi, numerous museums, such as the historical, ethnographic or that of independence. Every year here held important national activities Festivalii Mediterranean polyphony, Book Fair, National Theatre Festival Estrada. Two of the values of cultural heritage that carries Vlora region are Polyphony Labe, estimated as UNESKOS wealth, and urban songs vlonjate. Vlora that carries multiple values and thanks to the geographical location visited by tourists all year round, offering several types of tourism such as cultural, historical, mountain, sports, seaside, etc..History. In the period of the ancient city of Vlora was known Aulona and lay where today is located in a place called Treport. In an advantageous geographic position, Aulona was included in the territory of the state often Ilir, Epirote and Macedonia. After the year 229 BC, when Rome broke Illyrian queen Teutën, Aulona became part of the state. Then she and the surrounding areas is referred to as'' theater'' developed civil wars between Caesar and Pompey great where cities Thronit (Kanina), Amantia and Oriku, became the basis of Caesar during his military operations. Geography of Alexandria, Claudius Ptolemy, mention Aulonën in Century II, which emphasizes its geographical coordinates of 40o45 '. Vlora episcopate was created during the II century and exercised his activity here Lefteri St, one of the saints of the church. Aulon importance grew especially at the end of the fifth century, when after Apolonia drop it emerged as the starting point the Via Egnatia. While during the early medieval shift from Treporti city being located where it is today by attending civic life without interruption. Historical sources mention in the ninth century Aulon name again as the cities of Durres Byzantine themes. Will be Norman Dynasty campaigns Altavila that this region will be back'''' theater of clashes between the Byzantines and the Normans. Later Norman conquests will be followed by those of the Despotate of Epirus, Prince Mihal II, gave the Vlora and its region as a dowry to his daughter's marriage with Manfredi king of Naples in 1258. In 1345 Vlora will be occupied by the Serbian Empire of Stefan Dushan. With the death of Stefan Dusan in 1455 will create Despotate of Vlora. In 1468 in the presence of Vlora despot Alexander signed the document with the Republic of Ragusa, which is called the first of Kastriot family Kanina squires. Vlora then falls to the Muzakajve, Balshaj and recently Arianitëve. The fortress of Vlora, Kanina was held weddings Donikës, daughter Prince George Arianiti, with our national hero Skanderbeg. Turks occupied Vlora in 1417 by master until 1912. During subsequent centuries Vlora became the Turkish naval base for the invasion of Italy. On November 28, 1912 under the direction of Kamal Ismail National Assembly declared the Independence of Albania and Vlora in the years 1912-1914 became the first capital of the Albanian State. During World War Vlora was occupied by Italy. During the 1920 war of Vlora as popular war forced the Italians to retreat from the area. During World War II the Vlora region served as the main base of the anti-fascist resistance, while during the cold war communist regime turned Vlora largest naval base of the Warsaw Treaty in the Mediterranean Sea.To visit. Uliinjve Crown located at the entrance of Vlora in the hills of Bestrovës, along the old road motoring. There are tens of centuries-old olive trees, which provide an impressive enjoyment of this human miracle. Among them we find the kind of type kalinjot and vlonjat name for fruit and oil.Flag Square consists of several cultural facilities. At issue is Independence monument, a symbol of national resistance. Built in 1972 it is 17 m tall and is considered one of the masterpieces of monumental sculpture. Among the six bronze figures highlighted that of Ismail Kamal, architect of Independence. To the left of the monument is flag poles, a columnar pedestal decorated page from the date of independence and national eagle. It was built in 1937 under the auspices of the then mayor, lyrical poet Ali Aslani. After the mast, a few meters inside the park is the tomb of Ismail Kamal.The tomb was built in 1932, when his remains were moved here from Kanina. Above it is National warrior sculptures, the work of sculptor Odise Pascal.In the western corner of the Flag Square in 1988 archaeologists brought to light a Roman fortress wall qytetis Aulon. By digging out a long tract wall of 40 m, which can be seen by visitors today.
Neighborhood mosque Muradie located in the city center, at the beginning of the old historic area of the city. Was built in 1537 by architect Sinan, who accompanied the Vlora Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent. Built with a mixed technique where white stones are combined building with red bricks and mortar. The mosque is provided with a dome covered with red tiles which contrasts with the minaret built entirely with white stones.Kuz-father is in Vlora higher hills which drops the knife in the eastern part of the city. While in the last years has been reconstructed tomb-mausoleum of Kuzum father, a cleric rolled by legend, whose monumental architecture predominantly green color, is one of the symbols of the Bektashi sect.Independence Museum is located on the pier in front of the seaport. Consists of a simple building with several rooms, which served as the seat of the Government of Albania in the years 1912-1914. Between rooms and memorabilia on the second floor is also studied Prime Minister Ismail Kemal.Birmingham Stadium easy striking national colors red and black. With a capacity of 15 000 seats it is known to the triumphs of Birmingham in the 1980s and unforgettable matches in historical encounters with Barcelona.Ismail Kemal technological university was founded on October 10, 1994. Consists of several faculties of which can be mentioned that maritime navigation.Other valuable items to be visited in the city are the way history Justin Gotard, where independence assembly delegates passed; family home Vlora, which sundoipër 400 years of the city; way Hebrews, Clock Tower, Municipality, built in neoclassical style, Petro Marko Theatre, etc..Kanina Castle is located in the Southeast of the city of Vlora in a 380 m high hill. There were protective function Amante Illyrians community since ancient period. Archaeologists have specified different historical periods walls belonging to different styles and different techniques. Significant area of 3.5 ha tells military arsenal and the people who can be accommodated. From its pinnacles controlled Vlora Bay, coastal areas and the lower valleys of Shushica. There are many stories that are wrapped in the form of legends about this castle, which make mention of the murderous wife kështjellarit, Princess Rugina, out or marriage Donikës with Skanderbeg.Vlora Bay. Vlora Bay is the largest bay of the Albanian coastline, which departed from Cape Treport plate and continues to the south, creating the shape of an open arm to St. Jacks Bay in the north of Karaburun. In his introduction is Sazan Island with a distance of 17 km from the city of Vlora. Bay of Vlora has a length of 19 km, a width of 9.5 km and depth of 54 m. Its western part lies along the Karaburun peninsula consists of a rocky coast and the eastern part consists of a low sandy coast, dotted with several beaches. Adriatic waters make this bay reach temperatures ranging from 13oC in winter cold season up to 25 º C in the hot summer months, which enable marine toilets and fishing almost all year round. Surrounding landscape carries all forms, starting from the back of hills Treportit, mirrors the Narta Zvernec Hills, Vlora pits, hills around her castle the Kanina Mount Shashicës, Mount Lungarës, Llogara, for proceed further with the radius of the Canal, Duchy Valley, Karaburun locking ring on Sazan, Albania's most western point. Bay of Vlora has been used and continues to be used today as a place with excellent opportunities to accommodate different types of vessels. Operate a total of six ports, all specific to the use. Port of Vlora is Albania's largest port and Southern serves the entire region surrounding the transport of goods and passengers. It features an open port consists of two main mole holding vessels: transport boats and ferries. There are no strong currents and fluctuations that may affect the navigation tools, thus anchoring can be done with him outside the dam. In the north-west of the port located Zvernec port, which serves to anchor the fishing fleet vessels. While in the southern city of Vlora is small port Radhima, which serves small vessels transport. In the southern part of the bay, where it begins Karaburun Peninsula is Pasha Limani military port. I called with the name of the Turkish Navy in the XVI century, it became a major military base of the Warsaw Pact in the Cold War years. There Soviets invested millions of dollars and for a long period it was ready to serve a marine squad consisting of 12 submarines and dozens of other auxiliary ships. Today the port as part of partnership relations with NATO has been taken under the auspices of the Turkish Navy. Port located in the island of Sazan is used for military purposes. Today it is used by the Italian Guardia di Finanza patrol the Albanian coast, preventing illegal trafficking. Orikum is the new port of Vlora bay which is the only port in Albania yacht resort, called Orikum Marina.Karaburun Karaburun is the largest peninsula in the territory of the Republic of Albania, which is located between the Adriatic Sea (Bay of Vlora) and the Ionian Sea. With a length of 16 km, Karaburun serves as the boundary between the separator between the two seas. His bizarre landscape offers many different shapes as small bays, plateau, karst caves, capes, beaches, bare slopes, mountain peaks, etc.. Among them we can mention bays with whimsical names like the Bear, Laurel, Ragusa first, second Ragusa Ravenna, St. Jacks, St. Basil, etc., Highest Peak of Karaburun is Koreas 826m height, and very close it is the karst plateau of Ravenna with altitudes ranging from 200-300 m, the height of which the Soviets thought to install missiles in late 1950. The widespread geographic karsti has developed peninsula cave phenomenon. There are total 20 such along the entire coastline, from where you can mention the cave of Haji Ali, that of Duke John, near Cave Bear Bay, doves Cave, cave Inglizit, deep cave, etc.. But the biggest and most interesting caves of Karaburun is the Haji Ali, which has the form of a tunnel at a height of 60 m and 40 m length. According to legend, the cave was once used by the hacker known seventeenth-century Haji Ali. Here it housed together with the vessel and its people. Karaburun favorable position offered him the opportunity of attacking Neapolitan shipping, Turkish, Venetian, or Dalmatian. In Karaburun between multiple basins flaring even he Gramatës. Gramata in Greek means "writing." With this name known this small bay that is located in the western part of Karaburun. Since ancient period here ankoroheshin ships that can flap sea waves on the cliffs of the peninsula. Sheltered here many travelers from different Mediterranean countries have left their records, which have carved rock sites, which are also used as a quarry inscriptions before you dedicated to the gods and are praying for salvation by a storm at sea. As in other inscriptions mention Rome's historical figures as Pompey, Dolabela, Mark Anthony or Tauri statin Tit Consul. While interest is another inscription of the year 1396, which shows that during his trip to France took refuge from the storm in Gramata, self Byzantine Emperor John V Paleologus. Inscriptions are mostly made in ancient Greek, Latin and Byzantine Greek. Often they are associated with different drawings and symbols of the most diverse.Oriku Where Karaburuni join Duchy valley are the ruins of ancient Oriku, which originated as a colony founded by the Greeks of Euboea century VI.pk. One of the ancient authors, Pliny, says Oriku was founded from Kolkasit. I built the style of the Greek polis he stood in the back of the hill Paleokastrës broad view of the bay of Vlora. Archaeological excavations were conducted once brought to light among other facilities a small theater, who sat on his doorstep about 500 spectators, a few houses, a few mol doorstep, etc.. To mention in its history fighting between Caesar and Pompey in 48 BC. Interesting is the description that makes Caesar in his city delivery Belli Civilis (civil war), after which he says: "Caesar army landed on the same day went to Orik. Here Luc Torkuati ruled in the city at the behest of Pompey close gates and measures to protect the city, ordering the Greeks to board walls, and pick up weapons, but orikasit did not want to fight against Rome, even people trying to accept Caesar voluntarily. Then Torkuati opened the gates and surrendered to Caesar with All city.I Marmiroi is a lid of a small monastery built in XII century. Called by this name because of the white stone, marble ie (Marmiro) taken from the ruins of ancient Oriku. With a typical architecture for cross-shaped Byzantine churches with the dome, it saves around the ruins of the old monastery.Sazani Fare near Karaburun is Sazan Island which is known by all as Albania's largest island. With an area of 5.5 km2 that is located at the entrance of the bay of Vlora, 16 km away from the latter and separated from Karaburun Straits Mezokanalit, 4.8 km wide, and its distance from Cape triporteve is 8.5 km. Iërbërë two hills almost "twin" Sazan has a maximum height of 342 m, and a high rocky coastline dotted with small bays. Most notable is that of St. Nicholas where Sazan military port. Greek and Roman authors called once named Saso. One of them Ptolemy also provides its geographical coordinates of 44o51 '. And Pliny mentions as pirates center island. As part of the Roman Empire and later the Byzantine Sazani will not have any significance. While in the Middle Ages would fall under the rule of Venice. In the fifteenth century it will be occupied by the Turks, who in 1815 will tja hand that England, which he held until 1864, when the United Kingdom will tja spent Greece During World War I there just in 1915 the island was occupied by Italy, which held him to 8 September 1943, when Sazani was occupied by the Germans, who fled from there to 14 October 1944. Since that time until now Sazani is an integral part of the Albanian state, which used it only for military purposes. During the communist years there arose a naval base and a town where lived military families. They left the island when the base was abandoned in 1992 by the Albanian army, which later put Sazan available to NATO. Interesting fact is that in Sazan grow a kind of wild rabbit, which was brought to the island between the two world wars by the Italians. I called rabbit holes, this species has been added because Sazan no predatory animals.Pass National Park lies where it starts Duchy valleys along slopes Lungarës and range of the Canal. With an area of 1010 ha this space extends from the height of 500 m, climbing to a height of 1100 m. Within his face a thick vegetation left by Mediterranean bush, various coniferous, broadleaf trees, pastures, etc.. Llogara noted for its rich fauna where you can mention various rare birds and mammals. Within the park, along the road up to 910 m is also very unique culture monument, such as pine flag, so called from the shape of the branches processed by the wind.Under Pass is the village of Duchy referred to folklore, history and traditions. Here we encounter one of the monuments of popular culture such as Ali Dervish towers, a home-eighteenth-century castle.Orikum lagoon located between Karaburun and Orikum city. Stands out for birds and numerous species marine lakes, where economic activities can be mentioned fishing.Church Marmiroi Orikum John Castle Bocari in Tragjas located near way atomobilistike. Was built in the XVII century and has a classic square shape equipped with two towers. Its function was to maintain the road Vlore-Himara.Zvernec is one of the tourist areas of Vlora. Here located Triporti a natural beauty of unexplored by visitors. In the 1970s archaeologist Vasil Bereti head here some digging campaign, which came to light seaport, some walls surrounding several buildings, karkasën a ship and various ceramics.Monastery Zvernec located in one of two islands in the lagoon of Narta. The church is located in the largest island which is linked to the shore by a wooden bridge with a length of 200 m. It belongs to the XII century and served as a mausoleum, because within it is the tomb of the Byzantine general Argjiro Karanxhas, buried here in the XI century. In the cemetery of the monastery situated since 1932 qëndistares tomb Marigo flag Pozios.Narta Lagoon area 45 km2 is the second-largest marine lake in Albania. Its features is the large number of birds and fish that live in it. For several centuries here lives a colony of pelicans. Even today in the lagoon preserved wooden boats fishing tradition. In the surrounding hills nartiotë fishermen have shown growers famous vineyards, which produces summer Narta known.Inland of Vlora found Amantia Illyrian town, 35 km from the city. Today he is one of Albania's most interesting archaeological parks, which are unique items such as the stadium. Remains of old town located in a valley area of 20 ha, which was surrounded by a perimeter wall of 2100 m. Ancient authors to provide data for Amante are numerous. One of them tells Stefan Byzantium had the legendary founding of the city ABANTIA Trojan War. Pavarëssht numerous stories Amantia monuments as Doric temple of Aphrodite, the stadium, the surrounding walls, basilicas, etc., constitute an attractive tour for visitors.